free web stats Lost in the Eternity of the Here and Now: A Second-Rate Blogger
Sola Scriptura · Solus Christus · Sola Gratia
Sola Fide · Soli Deo Gloria

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Second-Rate Blogger

I realized about a week ago that I had not posted in nearly a month. This highlights two things: 1) That I am probably not a very good blogger. 2) That my life has really sunken into routine, and must appear to the outsider (and admittedly, to the insider) as boring. What shall I do to remedy this problem? Who knows. Please place your suggestions in the drop box.


I have been reading a lot lately. My last two books have been by Dr. Laura, nationally syndicated radio self-help guru. I did not read these books because I needed self-help, but because so many people in my life seem to be in need of one thing or another. I have the desire to help, but find myself lacking the proper way to verbalize what they need to do or know. Dr. Laura gives me hope that there exist women in the world who are not insane, by definition. Does that statement make me sexist? Probably. But you know what, I don't care and here's why. Most people bring too many insecurities and deficiencies to relationships to make them work, male and female alike. Dr. Laura doesn't put all the blame on women (now that would be sexist), but she says that women usually are the worst. Her stance is that women have most of the power in a relationship, which like it or not guys, is the time-honored truth of life. But men by contrast, are simple creatures. We aren't very bright, at least not as the female would consider us. FYI, we don't take hints, suggestions, intimations, or clues well. If you want something, say it woman! But I digress... We as men crave only three things from marriage (and I will attest to this): admiration, acceptance, and affection. With those three things a man can be exactly what he can and should be in a relationship. If a woman will give her man those things, he will do just about anything she asks, instead of nagging, complaining, crying, introverting, gossiping, or any number of other flawed methods of goading to try and bully him into her persuasion. So, ladies, the ball appears to be in your court.

Suggested reading for the married, or those seeking it, (The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands). Dr. Laura is a smart woman, and entertaining if nothing else.

Next on the book list is either The Savage Nation, by Dr. Savage, or Prophetic Untimeliness: A Challenge to the Idol of Relevance, by Os Guinness.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

It's so sad that we don't have any comments. By the way we updated our blog.

6/16/2006 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thank's for stopping by!