free web stats Lost in the Eternity of the Here and Now: Where I have been
Sola Scriptura · Solus Christus · Sola Gratia
Sola Fide · Soli Deo Gloria

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Where I have been

Yes I know. I am a terrible blogger! Being back from Oxford, I thought I would have more time. Alas, I do not. I had one week of down time (kinda), then back into full swing. I am taking 10 hours this semester. Lots of reading. Lots of writing. Lots of studying. In Hebrew III we are going through the book of 2 Samuel. Hebrew is a fun language... but rough none-the-less. My other two classes, New Testament I (Matthew - Acts) and Christian Ethics are easy, just time consuming.

Things I have done in the nine weeks since I've been back from Oxford, in order:
1) Moved my brother and his soon-to-be wife into their new apartment
2) Attended the funeral of my dear and beloved Pastor
3) Attended my brother's wedding (the same day...)
4) Played paintball
5) Went wake boarding with some of my closest friends, and got to visit another (one great day)
6) Played Magic the Gathering with old and new friends (Why can't we ever finish before 2:30 am?!)
7) Played paintball again
8) Ran sound for our Community Outreach night at church
9) Completed a third of my chainmail coif for this year's Renaissance festival

All whilst working 40 hours a week, commuting two hours a day (total), teaching Sunday School, maintaining some semblance understanding in my classes and working with the pastor search team to find a new pastor for our church. I apologize for not making more time to share my quirky thoughts that so enthral the masses (yes, all three of you). I will try to make a more concerted effort.

Next weekend I am attending a multi-ethnic church conference to promote interracial churches. Most evangelical churches are still segregated along racial, economic, and socio-political lines. This should not be. Our call to evangelize the world tells us otherwise.

More details later... maybe! Time will tell.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that conference sounds neat. I would agree with this segregation issue.

hang in there with everything!

10/12/2007 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thank's for stopping by!