free web stats Lost in the Eternity of the Here and Now: New 2008 Pumpkin Art!
Sola Scriptura · Solus Christus · Sola Gratia
Sola Fide · Soli Deo Gloria

Sunday, October 26, 2008

New 2008 Pumpkin Art!

As promised before, here is my newest creation. These were both carved using a wood-carving exacto knife set. Nothing fancy, just tedious dedication. This is a Heath Ledger Joker pumpkin carving. I created the pattern myself using Photoshop. This one took me about nine hours, start to finish, including creating the pattern, transfer, gutting, and of course, carving. Could I have spent this time doing something else? Sure, but then I wouldn't have a piece of transient art, shining in all its decaying glory!




Also, here is a better picture of my previous Gollum pumpkin, now properly lit with 40 watts of glory.


1 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

my goodness... these are definitely impressive. I can't even imagine how much time was spent collectively on these projects. I am so glad that you were able to actualize a childhood dream =)

10/29/2008 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thank's for stopping by!