free web stats Lost in the Eternity of the Here and Now: Am I really this old?
Sola Scriptura · Solus Christus · Sola Gratia
Sola Fide · Soli Deo Gloria

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Am I really this old?

This Sunday evening I chose to stay up with some friends... all night. Maybe this is part of the "Try new and interesting things" mentioned in one of my previous posts. I thought that I would call in sick to work, or call in late, but then I remembered that I had to be there because we just moved floors for some renovation, and I had to make sure everything got moved and put together right. After showing up to work, so tired I might as have been hung over, I thought I would leave early. Well, it turns out that both of the guys in my team were already leaving early, which left only me to hold down the fort (we try to keep at least one person in the office to cover the occasional emergencies). So, I had to stick it out all day. I made it, all gruelling nine hours, plus an hour lunch, the hour commute home, which is where the story ends. I hit my bed at ninety miles an hour and slept for 14 1/2 hours. Well, I woke up at 6:30 to call work and tell them I'd be in by noon.

What a couple of days. This just proves 1) I am not young. 2) I should not pretend to be young. When I forget lesson one and two, I should remember 3) that I have other responsibilities that supersede my own temporary enjoyment that I should respect. Yes, I am an old, tempered piece of wood. But all in all, it was still fun, though I won't be doing it again any time soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thank's for stopping by!