free web stats Lost in the Eternity of the Here and Now: Seminary
Sola Scriptura · Solus Christus · Sola Gratia
Sola Fide · Soli Deo Gloria

Monday, July 03, 2006

Seminary

Yesterday at church was the first public announcement of my intent to enroll in Seminary this fall. Many of you already knew, but for those of you who didn't, I plan on starting classes at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary's Houston branch this fall. I will continue to work at my current job and take evening and online classes.Park Place Baptist Church I am really looking forward to starting classes again. There is just something about being in school, something about always learning something new. Yes, I learn things in life and at work, but those experiences are so different from formal education. I plan to pursue a Masters in Divinity. To what end I dare not say. I have no clear direction as far as the ultimate goal in this training, only that I feel I belong there. It will be a long, difficult path for sure, but one with return beyond measure.

Of particular interest in the story... The branch in Houston is at Park Place Baptist Church. Park Place Baptist deeded the buildings to SWBTS in 2002. It was through this church that I accepted Christ back in... '94 I think. It seems only fitting that after 12 years I should return to my beginnings, not to remember the past, but to find my future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Glad to hear it is offical. I know that the Lord has great things in store for you. Just take it a step at a time. I will be looking forward to some great conversations about what you are learning.

7/05/2006 6:13 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Well, I am glad to hear that things are progressing. We will be praying for you as you enter into this wonderful endeavor that God would guide you to what has in store for you. I look forward, as Rachel, to some good discussions.

7/06/2006 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thank's for stopping by!