free web stats Lost in the Eternity of the Here and Now: Jeopardy!
Sola Scriptura · Solus Christus · Sola Gratia
Sola Fide · Soli Deo Gloria

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Jeopardy!

This has been a long week... With work all day, everyday, a trip to Corpus Christi and back Wednesday, school on Tuesday and Thursday and all its required study, youth class on Wednesday, and all the preparation for our class party last weekend, I have not had time to post anything about Jeopardy from last weekend.

Bible Jeopardy was a success! I’m not sure which was harder, coming up with the categories and questions or designing the interface. I think the categories part was harder, strictly speaking, even though the interface took more time. However, now that the interface is complete, future Jeopardy games will be much easier. For the techno-geek out there, it is a series of PowerPoint presentations that are XML data driven. All I do is hit a button on the master slide and all my questions are pulled in from the XML sheet behind. For the not-so-tech-savvy, you can just ignore the last two sentences. We had food, just quick hamburgers and hotdogs, then hit Jeopardy. Since I figured it would be entirely unfair if I let them pick their own teams, and not trusting in my own objectivity, I let God do the team assignments. They drew numbers from a hat. Erin and Kenny made up team one, while Shane and Amy took up position at team two. We had an odd number of people so team three had three people, Jarod, Megan, and Stephen. The game kicked off with team one taking a commanding lead. By the end of the first round, team one was the only team with positive points, team two in second, and the team with the most players dead last. Team three however took back the lead in Double Jeopardy due to the quick buzzing by Jarod and good team work. Sadly, by the time Final Jeopardy came around, team two was still negative, and team one was too far behind to catch up. A run-away game is never the ideal Final Jeopardy. Both remaining teams, however, correctly answered the final question, but alas, team three had played it safe and only wagered a small amount, so as not to jeopardize their victory. Kudos to all the players, and Chris for running the buzzer station. Feedback was positive and most seemed eager to continue the newfound Jeopardy tradition. I find that the competitive element makes studying the material much easier for the class. I learned a good deal more as well, solidifying many areas of previous concern. I hope I was able to convey a portion of that to the class. And now, back to Romans for a while, for we have neglected it for too long!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bible Trivia Rocks!

9/08/2006 6:13 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Mike,

BSM people!

I can't put a face to the name. What year were you? You were at the BSm during Savage's reign?

9/08/2006 11:20 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I was at A&M from 2000 to 2004. Yes, I remember Matthew. Aside from the sound board, and a few miscellaneous Bible studies, I was not too involved with BSM activities, so remembering me would be difficult. I do remember you, or your face to be more specific, nothing more. I do not think we ever spoke, aside from cursory introductions. Small world I suppose, that we should both have attended the BSM and now attend swbts, though I in Houston and you in DFW.

9/09/2006 12:37 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

You might also remember Kevin and Rachel, linked in my friends list under "Eli Cush."

9/09/2006 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thank's for stopping by!