free web stats Lost in the Eternity of the Here and Now: Return to Academia
Sola Scriptura · Solus Christus · Sola Gratia
Sola Fide · Soli Deo Gloria

Friday, September 01, 2006

Return to Academia

I have completed my first week back in academia. For the record, I am pursuing a Masters of Divinity at the Havard School for Theological Studies, the Houston branch of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. My first week of seminary classes was very encouraging. I am only taking two classes (six hours), Evangelism and Hebrew. I am told though, that Hebrew should be considered as two classes, for its difficulty. My Evangelism professor is a first-time professor in this course. That is good in that the class will likely be a little easier, a big plus being my first semester. Regardless, I know I will learn a lot from him. His passion for the gospel is genuine and unmistakable. My own studies have thus far focused primarily on the intellectual side of the gospel, and I have no doubt that God placed me in this class my first semester for a reason. It is the balance I lack. Hebrew... well, what can I say. Learning a new language is difficult, no doubt; though I've always had an affinity for languages. Though I like language, I have never enjoyed learning them formally. However, my first class in Hebrew excited me even more than did Evangelism. I am thrilled that one day I will be able to read the very words that God spoke to the patriarchs and the prophets, to hear his words in their original language and context. If I was excited before starting seminary, I am exuberant now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Glad to hear your first week went well. I will be looking forward to reading all the great posts that come out of your studies. Though I enjoy reading about your paint ball adventures your deeper posts always encourage me to think a little harder!!

9/04/2006 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thank's for stopping by!