free web stats Lost in the Eternity of the Here and Now: Thanksgiving
Sola Scriptura · Solus Christus · Sola Gratia
Sola Fide · Soli Deo Gloria

Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving

In reply to Ched's post.

Whenever people are asked to share what they are thankful for I get a strange desire to come up with something unique, something that breaks away from the mundane and the trivial, something that people haven't heard so many times before; almost as if I were in competition with them. Yet I am quickly reminded that the forgiveness of sin is not trivial, it is not mundane. It is the source of my joy, my hope, the defining key that opens the door to life in what would otherwise be complete chaos and despair. This year I am thankful, from the depths of my soul, for God's saving grace, his mercy, and his continuing love for a sinful person like me. I pray I never file away what God has done through Christ as trivial or mundane. I pray I never settle from the emotional torrent that accompanies the realization of what exactly has been done on my behalf. On the contrary, I pray that God make it ever more precious to me. As I continue to experience God, each moment should be seen through divine lenses, that none of it is possible save for the work of Christ alone. Praise God!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ched said...

Hey Mike,

These are good thoughts,

I too sometimes feel this strange desire to come up with something unique; I like the wording of your conclusion that "the forgiveness of sin is not trivial, it is not mundane."

I see you are now blogging in Beta, very nice...

11/27/2006 6:17 PM  
Blogger shauna said...

I'll give you an AMEN

11/29/2006 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thank's for stopping by!