free web stats Lost in the Eternity of the Here and Now: "There is none righteous, no, not one." Romans 3:10
Sola Scriptura · Solus Christus · Sola Gratia
Sola Fide · Soli Deo Gloria

Monday, October 09, 2006

"There is none righteous, no, not one." Romans 3:10

I had my first Hebrew test Thursday. I finished insanely quickly, easily the first person to do so, and as such, I went back and checked over my answers two or three times. I found two minor mistakes that would have cost a few points and corrected them. I walked out of the test boldly proclaiming to my classmates that I made a perfect score, all 110 points (out of 100). I said how angry I would be if I missed anything. All felt great. So… the next morning when I woke up, and I’m serious, the first thing I thought was, “You forgot to circle the historic long vowels on one question!” I couldn’t believe it. I did the same thing on our first quiz. Not only was this from the first chapter! and bar none the easiest question on the test, I had made the same stupid mistake before. After the test the professor made a statement that those who were struggling should be persistent, and those who were not struggling should be humble. Well, this is humbling. It proves that even though I knew everything on the test, I was still not perfect. I’m glad I missed that question.

“Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.” Romans 12:3

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfection is something we strive for but in the end will never attain.

I am glad to see you learned something so positive from a negative situation.

Congrats on passing your test though :)

-Tommy

10/09/2006 5:10 PM  
Blogger shauna said...

oh man...
humility = good
missing silly test questions = not so fun

I am glad that you have learned something from your mistake. I generally just get mad at myself when I make little mistakes.

Congrats on the good test grade!

10/09/2006 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thank's for stopping by!